On my Macbook Pro 15', Mid 2010, a Y0 trip-wing bit worked much better than the Y1. Joelkevinjones - Reply What kind of battery is compatible with the Macbook pro 15 mid 2010 A1286?
Size and weight
- 85 Watt-Hour Battery Replacement Solution For all MacBook Pro 15-inch Unibody Mid 2009 & Mid 2010 models. Power, reliability and quality from the leading name in Mac performance upgrades since 1984! Not only do NewerTech batteries provide long run-times - they're also built to last.
- Replacement Battery For Apple 13 inch MacBook Pro A1278 A1322 Battery Mid 2012 Early 2011 Late 2011 Mid 2010 2009 MB990 MB991 MC374 MC375 MC700 MC724 MD101 MD102 Macbook Pro Battery 10.95V/63.5Wh Model #: AP-A13-2-202.
- 13-inch MacBook Pro testing conducted by Apple in March 2010 using preproduction 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo-based MacBook Pro units. Battery life depends on configuration and use. See www.apple.com/batteries for more information.
- 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
- 12.78 inches (32.5 cm)
- 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- 4.5 pounds (2.04 kg)1
Connections and expansion
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- One FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Mini DisplayPort
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- SD card slot
- Audio in/out
- Kensington lock slot
- AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi wireless networking2 (based on IEEE 802.11n specification); IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate) wireless technology
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Combined headphone/line in (supports digital output)
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Environmental Status Report
Battery For 2010 Macbook Pro 17
MacBook Pro is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Highly recyclable aluminum and glass enclosure
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Reduced packaging volume
- Meets ENERGY STAR Version 5.0 requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold4
C battery. DECLARED NOISE EMISSIONS in accordance with ISO 9296
|Sound Power Level|
1 B = 10 dB
|Sound Pressure Level|
|2.4 GHz||2.66 GHz||2.4 GHz||2.66 GHz|
|Hard drive accessing||2.8||2.8||16||16|
|CD drive accessing||3.4||3.4||30||26|
- LWAd is the statistical upper-limit A-weighted sound power level (rounded to the nearest 0.1 B).
- LpAm is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at the operator position (rounded to the nearest dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel).
Grab a toolkit for your MacBook Pro 13' Unibody Mid 2010 model and bring your laptop back to life!
iFixit has you covered with parts, tools, and free repair guides. Repair with confidence! All of our replacement parts are tested to rigorous standards and backed by our industry-leading warranty.
Parts that work with MacBook Pro 13' Unibody Mid 2010:
In April 2010, Apple refreshed the 13' MacBook Pro line by increasing battery life to up to 10 hours, upgrading to NVIDIA Ge-Force 320M integrated graphics processors, and increasing the speed of the processors.
The most common repairs with the MacBook Pro 13' Unibody for Mid 2010 are replacing a dead battery or upgrading the hard drive or RAM. The MacBook Pro 13' Unibody (Mid 2010) Memory Maxxer RAM Upgrade Kit includes all the parts and tools you need to upgrade to 16 GB of RAM.
Battery For 2010 Macbook Pro
The MacBook Pro 13' Unibody for Mid 2010 requires a Tri-point Y0 Screwdriver to remove the battery. The battery kit includes all the needed tools.
Battery For 2010 Macbook Pro 15
Once you've bought your parts and tools, check out iFixit's MacBook Pro 13' Unibody for Mid 2009 repair guides for step-by-step instructions on how to make the fix.