How to block porn sites from my PC permanantly? By NS-Babu Jan 4, 2016 1:32AM PST. Can any one please tell me how i can block access to porn sites from my PC (Windows 7) so that even i myself can. If your website delivers static content like media files, images, or other files, you can use a CDN with built-in geo tools to block access to certain countries. A big player here is Amazon.
I have to block my website for only google austelia. I have 2 domain one for india (.com) and one for austria (.com.au) but still i found my indian domain in google.com.au so let me know what is the best solution to block only google.com.au for my website. With chase.com and our Chase Mobile ® app, you can bank anytime, from almost anywhere. We use secure technology to protect your information, so you can feel safe paying a bill, checking your balances and even depositing a check, no matter where you are.
- If you want to block websites on Microsoft Edge, you'll have to use your Windows computer's Command Prompt.
- Currently, Microsoft Edge doesn't allow you to block websites through its browser.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Microsoft Edge doesn't currently have any settings or functions within its web browser that allow you to block specific websites.
However, there's a workaround that you can exploit using the Command Prompt that will let you block websites on Edge and other browsers for free, without downloading any browser extensions.
Using the Command Prompt can be intimidating, but here's how to use it to block websites on Microsoft Edge.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Lenovo IdeaPad 130 (From $299.99 at Best Buy)
How to block websites on Microsoft Edge using the Command Prompt
1. At the bottom of your computer, in the search bar, type 'command.' Then right-click on the Command Prompt. In the menu that appears, click on 'Run as administrator.'© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Select “Run as administrator.” Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
2. If a pop-up box appears, click the 'Yes' button.
3. When the Command Prompt opens, it will appear as a black box with text inside it. Type the following line exactly as it appears: notepad c:WINDOWSsystem32driversetchosts. After you have typed the text, press the Enter key.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Enter the exact same code into Command Prompt. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
4. The Notepad application should open on its own. Scroll down in Notepad until you reach the bottom of the text, then press the Enter key.
5. Type the following line exactly as it appears: 127.0.0.1.
6. Then, press the space bar once and type the name of the website you want to block. For example, www.reddit.com. If done correctly, the line of text should read like this: 127.0.0.1 www.reddit.com. Do this for each of the websites you want to block.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Type in the website you want to block. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
7. Once you are finished adding websites that you want to block, click on Notepad's 'File' menu, then click 'Save.' © Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider Click 'Save.' Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
8. Close out of the Command Prompt and Notepad.
If you try to reach the website you blocked, you will no longer be able to view it.© Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider The website would now be blocked. Chrissy Montelli/Business Insider
If you no longer want to block a certain website, repeat steps one through four, and then delete the line of text in Notepad that corresponds to the website(s) you want to unblock. Then repeat steps six and seven. You should now be able to view the website again.