Part 2. How to Convert Videos on Mac via Freemake Video Converter Alternative
Among which the 100% free yet clean Freemake Video Converter alternative - MacX Video Converter Free Edition stands out from the crowd. This Freemake alternative is 100% safe and powerful for you to convert video on Mac just a click away. With 320+ video and 50+ audio codecs supported, it lets you free convert HD videos, 4K UHD videos and all SD videos, including MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MKV, AVCHD, MTS, HEVC/H265, H265, WMV, MPEG, F4V, RM, RMVB, WebM, etc. to 200+ video and audio formats or to iPhone iPad Android LG Samsung, Micromax, Huawei, etc. mobile devices (420+ profiles offered).
What's special of this freemake converter alternative is that its hyper-threading tech enables multiple threads to run on each core and the built-in multi-core CPU (up to 8) utility further assigns the whole task to 8 cores, just like once one person's workload now being simultaneously accomplished by 8 men together. So the video conversion speed gets a great boost.
- This MKV to AVI converter is virtually a video toolbox with multiple functions. The great reason for recommending this software lies in the wide range of formats it supports, fast conversion speed, and high output quality. Wondershare UniConverter - All-in-One Video Converter Free Download Free Download.
- As a credible alternative of Freemake Video Converter for Mac, Aimersoft Video Converter for Mac is a top professional converter available for the Mac users who want to transform their movies. It can convert video and audio files in virtually any regular formats, including MP4, MOV, AVI, WMV, MKV, FLV, MP3, WMA, etc.
- Launch MKV to MP4 or AVI video conversion when everything is ready. Set the destination folder for your new video and click the blue 'Convert' button. The converting procedure may take some time depending on how powerful and thus how fast your computer is. As soon as the process finishes, go and check your new video file.
Step 1: Run the video converter on your Mac
Free MKV to AVI Converter is an absolutely free application which converts Matroska video files (MKV) to AVI or MPEG.
After downloading, just run this Mac Video Converter on your Mac.
Mkv To Avi Video Converter
Step 2: Add Video Files for converting
Mkv To Avi Converter Online
Click 'Add File' to select file you want to convert. This free Mac video converter supports batch conversion, so you can import and convert several files at a time.
Step 3: Choose output format
Take the output format you want. If you don't figure out the differences among various video formats and have no idea which suits your device or player best, you can see the below output video formats suggestion (esp. for the newbie).
* MP4 (H264): keep a good balance among video conversion speed, video quality and file size. Another beauty, it works with almost all the devices and platforms.
* MOV (H264): speed, quality and file size are similar to the previous one. It's more suitable for Apple related products and app like iPhone iPad, iMovie, iTunes, QT.
* MKV (AVC): higher quality and faster speed than the previous two. No significant difference in file size. Only one con: the video compatibility is comparatively poor.
Step 4: Select the Output Folder
Click 'Browse' button to choose the path where you want to save the output files in.
Step 5: Convert videos now
Click on the 'RUN' button to start converting AVI to MP4 on Mac, MKV to MP4, FLV to MOV, etc.
Mkv Video Converter Mac
1). Hit the scissor-shaped icon to edit video on Mac if you need. When entering the video editing sector, you can freely trim video length to decide the Start Time/End Time, crop video to remove the unwanted black bars, rotate video of 90/180/270 degrees, add external SRT subtitles, etc.
2). Click the Settings icon and you're allowed to adjust the video parameter settings, including video resolution, aspect ratio (4:3 to 16:9 or vice versa), frame rate (30fps to 24fps), Bit rate, video codec, etc.