- In PowerDesigner, you can make the tool fit the way you want to work.' 'Pricing for small consultancies needs improvement. They sustain prices to competing tools. The competing tools tend to do special offers. PowerDesigner SAP doesn't pay much attention to the pricing of it and there are no special offers.'
- Plan and manage complex business transformation initiatives Build a blueprint of your current enterprise architecture and visualize the impact of change before it happens with SAP PowerDesigner software.
Power AMC Designer by Pfizer Inc. File name: amcshll10.exe. Modellierungswerkzeug Basisdaten Entwickler Sybase Aktuelle .
|Pricing:||6/10 - average cost|
|Category:||Business Intelligence ->Sybase PowerDesigner ->Sybase PowerDesigner pricing|
|Ranking:||Ranked 168 out of 532 Business Intelligence systems|
|Pricing:||starts at $3,000 per license|
|Typical customers:||Start up, Small business, Medium business, Large business|
|Links:||Sybase PowerDesigner review, Sybase PowerDesigner alternatives|
Shlomi Lavi / Feb 16, 2021
We publish unbiased reviews, our opinions are our own and are not influenced by payments from advertisers. Learn more in our advertiser disclosure.
What is Sybase PowerDesigner's cost rating? (6/10)
When comparing Sybase PowerDesigner to their competitors, on a scale between 1 to 10 Sybase PowerDesigner is rated 6, which is similar to the average Business Intelligence software cost. Sybase PowerDesigner offers few flexible plans to their customers, the basic cost of license starting from $3,000 per license, read the article below in order to calculate the total cost of ownership (TCO) which includes: customization, data migration, training, hardware, maintenance, updgrades, and more.
You can also leave your info with us to get a free custom quote with the break downs for your business needs.
Business Intelligence Tools Price Ranges
For business intelligence software, the price sits around $3,000 per year for a user. However, it is worth noting that this price range is associated with the medium offering or package from each software vendor; in essence, it is suitable for small & medium-sized businesses. More robust offerings have volatile pricings that are adjusted to suit large businesses.
Users are expected to pay between $10 to $75 for a single user account, depending on the offering level. Examples are Prisync pricing is priced at $60 per month, ClearView InFocus, which costs $25 monthly, and SEMRush pricing sit around $100 monthly. However, SAP Business Objects costs $14,000 per year but includes 10 user accounts.
Additionally, business intelligence software can be targeted at SMBs or large-sized businesses. However, there are others that are meant for any business size. The software that is apt for each business size and their prices are as follows:
- Small Businesses can expect to pay between $10–$50 monthly for a single account business intelligence software. For BI software that includes multiple accounts, they can expect to pay between $300–$500 per month. However, some other vendors like Britix24, Manage Engine Analytics Plus, and BI360 offer their low-end package free for small businesses, although with limited features. Some BI software for small businesses are Competitors App, which costs around $7 per month, KlipFolio $50 monthly, and AnswerDock $20 per month.
- Medium Businesses can expect to pay between $50–$500 for a business intelligence software, depending on the number of accounts on each offering. For instance, Tableau pricing costs $70 for a single account, while Funnel and CYS cost around $500 and $300 respectively for pre-set multiple accounts.
- Large Businesses can expect to pay $500–$10,000 for BI software packages that include a large workforce and around $60 for a single account. For instance, Prisync ultimate package costs around $300 monthly per user but allows only a minimum of 10 accounts, which amount to $3,000. Also, ArcGIS costs $1,500, and IBI is priced around $150 per month.
The price range for BI best of breed are as follows:
- Reporting Software This subcategory of BI software has a price that ranges from $10 and $45, depending on the offering level. For example, Agent360 Marketing Reporting pricing starts from $80 per month for 5 users, Syncfusion Bold Reports costs $200 per month for 5 users, Germain APM cost up to $30 per day based on APM unit.
- Data Visualization Software The price for software in this category ranges from $10 to $50 per user monthly. On the other hand, some others are completely free to use. Google Charts, for example, comes at no fee. However, software like Qlik Sense costs $15 per month per user, while Power BI costs more than $10 monthly per user.
- Dashboard Software Dashboard software pricing is usually divided into three tiers, which range from $9 to $12, $12 to $27, and above $30, respectively; the price is usually set based on the number of dashboards made available in a month. Some dashboard software with this similar price are Cluvio, which costs $280 for 50 dashboards monthly, Microsoft Dynamics 365, which costs $190 monthly per user for a number of dashboards. Others are iClassPro = $130 and ThortSpace = around $10 monthly per user.
- Risk Management Software Many products in this category are priced on a yearly basis, which, in many cases, may be per user. They can also be divided into three categories, of which the lowest offering range from $70 to $400, medium offering from $400 to $10,000, and the ultimate package from $10,000 upwards. Some products have monthly pricing regardless; for example, Goat Risk, which costs $15 per user, and OneSoft Connect, which costs around $6 per user. An example of a product with yearly pricing is Analytic Solver, which costs $250 per user. Lastly, some risk management software have one-time fees, like IsoMetrix, which costs $34,000 for a buyout.
- Embedded Analytics Software The pricing for embedded analytics software is often divided into three tiers, usually to suit small businesses, medium businesses, and large businesses. The price ranges from $10 to $15, $15 to $325, and above $325 for each respective tire. Stratifyd is an embedded analytics software with yearly pricing of $1,000 per user. Others are GoodData, which costs $2,400 per year, INFRAGISTIC Reveal, which costs around $10 per user per month.
What is the cost breakdown of Business Intelligence implementation?
Understanding the exact price of Business Intelligence system isn't easy as The overall cost of software includes the cost of license, subscription fees, training, customization, hardware, maintenance, support and other related services. It's essential to take into account all of these costs to gain an understanding of the system's 'total cost of ownership.'
What are the typical Business Intelligence pricing models?There are primarily three common pricing models – Perpetual License, Subscription, and Commercial open source.
- Subscription/Software-As-A-Service: - Relevant for Sybase PowerDesigner
Under this pricing model, the system is accessed over the Internet, as opposed to installed on-premises. The payment is made either on a per user basis or subscription basis. Ideally, customers are required to pay a recurring monthly fee until a specific period for using the tool. Subscription pricing model is more common with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) apps.
- Upfront cost for customization and integration is less compared to perpetual license cost because there is not much flexibility with SaaS systems in this area.
- Recurring cost is greater as customers are required to make monthly payments as subscription fee. Additionally customers using premium support services must pay an extra fee.
- All in all, the total cost of ownership in the both cases is almost the same and may span over a period of 7-10 years, though you may have to pay a higher perpetual license fee upfront. The total cost may vary from starter to mid range to enterprise level apps in both cases.
- Perpetual license: - Not relevant for Sybase PowerDesigner
A common pricing model for on-premise applications, perpetual license requires a customer to pay an upfront sum to own the tool or other intellectual property on-premises for a fixed term.
- Upfront cost involves the fee for installation, customization, integration with existing systems, besides perpetual license fee.
- Recurring cost is low in this pricing model and may include cost for updates, maintenance, upgrades, and patches. Some vendors do offer premium support services, which come for an extra price.
- Commercial open source: Not relevant for Sybase PowerDesigner
The customer can acquire the system free of cost without having to incur any upfront license fee. As a customer, you’re solely responsible for the ongoing maintenance, upgrading, customization, and troubleshooting of the application to meet your specific needs. You are on your own for providing end-user support, since you are not locked in with a vendor-supplied system solution.
How much it would cost to customize Sybase PowerDesigner? (and is it relevant)If you need specific features in your system catering to your specific business requirements, the vendor will charge customization cost, depending on your needs and feature requirement. Ideally customization cost is more complex to calculate compared to licensing cost.
Some apps allow you to easily combine data from multiple sources, without any complicated query requirements, while some others can be embedded into different applications to provide enhanced reporting. If you seek products that support customizable dashboards and predictive analysis to identity possible trends and facilitate decision making, you may have to pay higher for all the customization features.
Additionally, the following factors may affect the cost of customization:
- User interface changes
- Configurable dashboards
- Data elements required for tracking
- Forms to collect additional data
- Dashboard, management and operational reports that are needed.
- Workflows and how complex they are.
- Forms to collect additional data.
In order to calculate the cost of customization you can use the following estimates:
- Minimal customization - integrate with 1-2 systems: $2,500
- Standard customization - integrate with 3-5 systems: $10,000
- Fully customized system - integrate with more than 5 systems: $25,000
Cost of data migration when migrating to Sybase PowerDesigner? Relevant for Sybase PowerDesignerMost companies opt for data migration services from a vendor, which raises the cost of product ownership. If you choose to transfer data on your own, you can avoid paying the cost of data migration.
Data migration cost depends on the amount of data to be transferred, your current software, availability of migration tools, complexity of data, and gaps between the existing system and the new system.
Powerdesigner Data Modeling
If your data is stored in excel spreadsheets, then it may incur you a lot of time and money to migrate data from excel.
By involving a business services provider in data migration, you are asking them to offer additional services, for which you may have to pay extra.
As a rule of thumb the cost of data migration depents on how many records you want to migrate. Records can include number of Customers, invoices, financial transactions, products, versions, etc. Here is a list you can use as a rule of thumb:
- 1,000 records: $500
- 10,000 records: $2,500
- 100,000 records: $10,000
- 1,000,000+ records: $25,000
What is the cost of training for Sybase PowerDesigner? Relevant for Sybase PowerDesignerAs a buyer, you are required to pay extra for in-person training, though some vendors offer web-based solutions as part of the package. the cost may involve end-user training, video/self, group, department, and train the super users.
The cost is mainly derived from the approach that you select for your organization:
- End-user training
- Video /self
- Train the trainer/super user
Here are some questions to answer: How many groups (different departments, usages, type of users) are needed?
In order to calculate the cost you can use the following estimates: Guitar pro download tabs.
- 1-2 Sessions: $500
- 3-4 Sessions: $1,500
- 5-7 Sessions: $2,500
- 8-10 Sessions: $5,000
How Sybase PowerDesigner pricing compared to alternarive Business Intelligence solutions?
How can the team at ITQlick help?
The science of TCO (total cost of ownership) may not be easy to calculate. If you seek to get a detailed info about the TCO, get in touch with ITQlick experts. Contact us today and get up to date, detailed quotes.
Shlomi holds a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Information System Engineering from Ben Gurion University in Israel. Shlomi brings 15 years of global IT and IS management experience as a consultant, and implementation expert for small, medium and large size (global) companies.