- Updating Mac Os X Yosemite To Version 10.12.6
- How To Upgrade Mac Os X Yosemite To Sierra
- Mac Os X Yosemite Iso
- Os X Yosemite Upgrade
Even though it’s been five years, there are legit reasons why you may not have upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite when it came out in 2014…
Maybe you’re a struggling artist who relies on an older version of Adobe Creative Suite, and you just can’t afford to pay Adobe $600 per year for a subscription.
Or maybe you’re a family with multiple Macs. And one of them, for whatever reason, just never got upgraded from Mavericks…
Or maybe you’re just set in your ways and like things the way they are!
- Mac OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite update is a winner. I questioned my sanity after upgrading to Yosemite a few days ago because of the extremely sluggish performance.
- If you call Apple support, as awesome as they are, they will have trouble finding you a copy of Yosemite too It seems that Apple just wants people to use El Capitan or a higher version of the Mac OS. How to Upgrade from Mac OS Mavericks to Yosemite in 2018. Good News: Upgrading is possible. Bad News: You need to find another Mac user who has.
Updating Mac Os X Yosemite To Version 10.12.6
Installing OS X has never been easier than in Yosemite. In this article, we’ll look at upgrading a Mac from OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) to OS X 10.10 (Yosemite). The first thing you should do is clone your system. The second thing you should do is make sure you have a good backup. The third thing Continue reading Upgrade to OS X Yosemite.
In any event, there are a few reasons why now, several years later, you might want to upgrade from Mavericks to Yosemite.
One of the best reasons to update from Mavericks to Yosemite is that Yosemite allows you to use iCloud. You can share files and use Apple Music. Link gaming potatoes vs.
Also, there is a bunch of updated software such as Photos that was updated with Yosemite.1
The problem is that the Mac App Store doesn’t have Yosemite available anymore.
So where you you get a copy of Yosemite in 2018?
If you call Apple support, as awesome as they are, they will have trouble finding you a copy of Yosemite too… It seems that Apple just wants people to use El Capitan or a higher version of the Mac OS.
How To Upgrade Mac Os X Yosemite To Sierra
How to Upgrade from Mac OS Mavericks to Yosemite in 2018
Mac Os X Yosemite Iso
Good News: Upgrading is possible.
Bad News: You need to find another Mac user who has already upgraded from Mavericks to a subsequent Mac OS, such as Yosemite, or El Capitan.
- Find a friend of family member who has downloaded and installed Yosemite on their Mac.
- Have them log into your Mac using their Apple ID.
- Open the Mac App store.
- Click “Purchases” from the main navigation at the top of the App Store. Then log into their “Purchases”.
- Find Yosemite in their purchases.
- Download it to your computer.
- Install it.
Os X Yosemite Upgrade
In my particular case, we are a family with multiple Macs.
My wife’s Mac was running Mavericks and we wanted to upgrade to Yosemite in 2018 (or El Capitan) so that we could still use her Adobe Creative Suite version 6, but also use iCloud with a shared family plan.
So, I logged onto her Mac and logged in under my App Store account. I found a copy of Yosemite in my purchase history and downloaded it.
The install/upgrade worked fine… And now we can share iCloud Drive together!
- iPhoto was changed to Photos with the update to Yosemite.